One of the first things that people observe when they meet you is your smile. Over the last several years, the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry have made teeth whitening a completely safe and more reasonably priced treatment for almost anyone wanting a bright white flawless smile. Tooth whitening is a pretty standard procedure in cosmetic dentistry that uses whitening products containing bleaching agents such as hydrogen peroxide to make your teeth appear whiter and brighter. Your dentist can whiten your teeth either in the dental office, or you can choose at-home whitening products such as gels and strips.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
Before starting your teeth whitening treatment, your dentist will record the present shade of your teeth. Then, the teeth are polished to remove plaque and other debris from the surface. After that is done, the dentist applies a whitening solution on the surface of the teeth, which usually contains the bleaching agent, namely, hydrogen peroxide. The whitening product is followed up by laser light to activate the peroxide. To get the best results, the solution should be applied to your teeth for 30 minutes to an hour, along with the use of a laser. At the end of the procedure, your teeth are rinsed, and fluoride may be applied to reduce sensitivity. If necessary additional visits may be arranged until you get the shade you need.
What Are the Benefits of Teeth Whitening?
There are several benefits in undergoing whitening of your teeth, and they include the following:
- Professional Teeth Whitening Is Fast:After just one visit to the dentist, you can have whiter teeth. This is great for patients who have a big event coming up and need instant results.
- It's the Safest Alternative: A professional whitening treatment will be much more safe and harmless. This is because you have an experienced professional performing the procedure, and your entire progress is monitored every step of the way.
- Thorough and robust Whitening: The whitening gels used by the dentists consist of a bleaching agent whose intensity is many times greater than those available at the store. This means that a professional treatment will remove stubborn stains that an in-store kit wouldn't be able to remove.
- Complete Whitening:The whitening kits available in pharmacies tend to be one-size-fits-all. The intensity of the gel can't usually be adjusted either. Hence the whitening outcome may vary from person to person. The results may be pretty uneven, with some teeth looking perfectly white while others still show stains. A professional whitening session will give you better, whiter, and more consistent results.
- Results are Long-Lasting: Professional whitening treatments will have longer-lasting effects. With a store-bought gel, you may have to undergo several treatments. After that, the results still may not be to your satisfaction.
- Comfortable Sessions: Gel on the gums can cause tooth sensitivity. If you suffer from sensitive teeth, your dentist will adjust how long the bleaching agent should remain on your teeth. At the end of the procedure, the dentist will make sure that no bleaching agent remains on the gums, for leaving the gel on teeth for too long could damage the enamel.
What is Kor-Teeth Whitening?
KoR teeth whitening is one of the most popular options available for teeth whitening today. Kor teeth whitening products are peroxide-based and designed to whiten teeth by breaking up and removing stains from the enamel layer on the tooth’s surface. First, you’ll get a cleaning at the dentist’s office. Your teeth will be cleaned to remove any surface buildup from things like coffee or wine stains. Next, the dentist will apply the Kor teeth whitening treatment. This light-activated process is designed to get your teeth several shades whiter in just one visit. You’ll leave with a set of custom-made whitening trays to use at home.
Call us at Wayne H Mori Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Teeth Whitening