Cosmetic dentistry consists of safe and affordable means to enhance the general appearance or aesthetics of your teeth and gums. It is often distinguished from restorative and other kinds of dentistry because its primary purpose is to improve aesthetics over function. Cosmetic dentistry procedures include teeth whitening, stain removal, fixing cracks, restoring minor chips, etc.
The term cosmetic dentistry may be a little deceptive. It puts forward the theory that most cosmetic treatments are only superficial in nature. It’s a fact that having white shining teeth will not make any difference in your ability to chew. But still, it is also true that having a great smile will make you look and feel better. It will not be an immediate health concern if you have a chipped tooth, but dental bonding will help restore its appearance. There are many great benefits to cosmetic dentistry, and they are not only in terms of cosmetic appearance.
Here is a list of some common cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Dental Implants
- Reveal Clear Braces
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Bonding
What are some types of cosmetic dentistry procedures?
- Porcelain veneers:Dental veneers are customized for each individual and closely resemble your own natural teeth. They help repair and fix crooked teeth, cracked or damaged enamel, and the evident gaps in between teeth.
- Crowns and bridges:A crown helps cover the tooth to return its normal shape and function. A dental bridge is used when several teeth are missing and comprises multiple crowns.
- Kor Whitening and Opalescence Go: These teeth whitening procedures assist in getting rid of stains and discoloration. They work by whitening the natural pigment of your teeth, giving you a shiny, white smile.
- Dental bonding:It is also known as composite bonding; this technique helps in repairing damaged, decayed, or discolored teeth by making use of a material that closely resembles your tooth’s enamel. It protects your damaged tooth, making it appear healthy again.
- Dental Implants: They are designed to fuse with the bone and are a permanent fixture. They help eliminate the trouble of removing dentures every night, as well as the need to use messy adhesives to hold them in place.
- Clear Aligners: Clear Aligners are virtually invisible, and nobody will even notice that you are wearing braces. They are made of removable aligners, thus allowing you to carry out the normal functioning of your mouth.
What are the benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry?
- Most cosmetic procedures are very much affordable, and you can achieve your desired appearance without causing a hole in your pocket.
- Cosmetic dentistry can bring about a huge difference to your overall health by effectively treating teeth problems and other oral conditions like tooth decay that can be possibly life-threatening.
- Cosmetic procedures also give a boost to your self-confidence. Simple cosmetic treatments can help rectify minor dental complications in people who are otherwise feeling anxious and afraid of social interactions.
- It will greatly improve your quality of life. From correcting your bite and chewing function to transforming your smile, cosmetic surgery will greatly boost your lifestyle.
- Teeth alignment or whitening cosmetic procedures will enhance your overall visual features.
- Modern-day cosmetic dentistry involves quick and painless approaches, and you will be able to go about your regular activities just after having undergone a cosmetic procedure.
Call us at Wayne H Mori Dental or schedule an online appointment to know more about Cosmetic Dentistry